Newborn sessions are $65.00.
Sessions are considered “booked” when the session fee is paid and the contract is returned to me.
* Newborn Sessions are taken in your home or other location of your choosing. Includes 1-3 hours of photograph time. Newborn photo sessions are some of the most precious & challenging photos to capture. You will be so glad you chose to have a newborn session!
* Newborn shoots are scheduled in the first 7-14 days of the babies life.
* If possible schedule shoot around time when baby is usually sleepy. We want him or her to sleep as much as possible during our shoot.
* Make sure baby eats as close to the session time as possible (it's best if he's finishing up shortly after I arrive if possible). we want him or her to be nice and sleepy.
* Due to the frequent breaks needed to feed, change, sooth and get baby to fall asleep, newborn shoots often last longer than the average session. Please be prepared for your shoot to last anywhere between 1 and 3 hours.
* Be patient and remain calm. If baby is cranky and not cooperating please do not worry. We have plenty of time to allow him/her to get comfortable. If you are stressed baby can feel it!
* Since baby will be undressed for the majority of pictures (unless otherwise requested) we want to make the room as comfortable as possible for him/her. Please turn up your heat a few minutes before I arrive. For your comfort, you may want to wear shorts and a tank during the pictures you are not in.
* Have some special mementos ready for the shoot. (ie: handmade blanky from grandma, knitted caps, booties etc.) These are great for making babies 1st pictures even more personalized and special.
* Details - I will often do images of babies little hands and feet. These will look best if his or her nails are trimmed and clean, check specifically for sock lint. Also, please be ready to help me keep an eye on your little ones face to ensure boogies or a sleepy do not appear in our portraits.
* Have tidy rooms. Many of baby's pictures will be on a backdrop by a window or door but lighting permitting we may also want to do some shots in baby's room, parents' room or living room etc. Please be prepared and have your home looking the way you would want it to look in pictures just in case. I realize you did just have a baby, so PLEASE don’t let this stress you out.
*Be ready for pee! I don't need to tell you that newborns pee a lot. Unfortunately, we may get peed on. Have a backup change of clothes ready yourself in the event that this does occur. Especially if you are in some of the pictures.
* Lotion baby up before the photo shoot to avoid flaky skin.
* Clothing for mom and dad - Simple is typically best. Wear clothing that flatters your figure. Black or white often works well. If possible please have a black shirt handy, I will use these in some baby poses were mom or dad holds the baby but is not in that particular shot.
* Minimize distractions - Please limit the amount of people present at the shoot to those who are being photographed so that there are less distractions for baby.
*Absolutely NO cameras at shoot besides mine. It is extremely distracting to both myself and those being photographed.