A few things to expect when photographing one year olds (or bringing your one year old to be photographed)
- Expect a lot of exploring, especially if you are in a location that the child is not familiar with.
- Expect to be in the photograph as the parent, even if it’s not a family session
- Expect that any toys or supplies (cups, blankies, binkies) you bring will end up in the photos.
- Expect that if you are in a public place you are going to draw some spectators & will need to work around them!
- Expect that outifits could get dirty or messed up & plan to have a change of clothing you like just as well as a back up or second.
- Expect that they won’t want to do anything that they did the day before & show off for the camera!
- Expect to plan around naps & meals, because as soon as you bring them for a photo shoot they will become sleepy & hungry!
- Expect to go with the flow… like everything else about parenting a one year old, things don’t normally go like you thought they would but that’s okay, you are learning to be okay with that!!
- Expect that your child won’t do what that cute little child on pinterest did.
Most of all relax & have fun! Your child will get upset if they know you are getting upset with them!!
Kelly did a great job with all these things the day we took Rylan’s one year old photos!
These two are so much fun!
They made this cotton candy for their photo shoot!
The creek shots at the end of the post were so hilarious!
Tracie Ended up pretty wet that day!
It was a pleasure to help Jessa set up her modeling portfolio… best of luck with your modeling career stunning Jessa…
Ben & Katie’s Bluffton Indiana wedding was on a warm May day, in the midst of drought in Indiana… made for some tough looking grass, but the beautiful bride & the more than happy groom, stunning decor, amazingly adorable flower girl, and oh so much fun wedding party really didn’t make the grass seem like such a big deal!
Wedding of Katelyn Thompson & Benjamin Smyser
Wedding Venue: Sonlight Church, Bluffton, Indiana
Reception Venue: Sassafras on Main, Bluffton, Indiana
Wedding Planning, Cake, & décor by: The Wedding Moms
Photography: Moments by Pam Photography
The colors were so bold & vibrant…
the contrast with Jasmine’s black hair & shirt were stunning.
Jasmine is stunning… belongs in a magazine.